photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Northern Vegan Festival



Last weekend Ginge and I visited the Northern Vegan Festival in Manchester. I was so excited, this was the first Vegan event I'd been to, I couldn't wait to discover new foods and meet fellow animal lovers.

The turn out was fantastic! I couldn't believe how many people showed up, we had to queue for over an hour to get into the building, thankfully it was still sunny while we were outside.

The first thing we did when we got there was find some food! There were SO many food stalls with loads of options to choose from, I ended up buying some fantastic cupcakes from Captain Cakeman, they were the yummiest, lightest vegan cakes I've ever tried. Of course, I couldn't go home without buying some treats for my dogs too! I bought some marmite teddy bear treats from The Green Hound Bakery, which Holly & Effy gobbled up as soon as I got home.

Unfortunately I wasn't well that day so didn't get much chance to take pictures or to stay for any of the awesome sounding talks that they had. But I still had a great time and I'm excited for the next Northern Vegan Festival!







18 comments:

  1. I picked up a flyer for this YESTERDAY! D: Cant believe I missed it.

    Hopefully there will be more stuff like this soon!?


    chloe
    www.bythelock.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Vegan Northerner too? You'll have to let me know if you're going to the next one and I'll come say hi :)

      Delete
  2. The cupcakes look amazing! I'm so glad you had a great time. I am glad the Sea Shepherds were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised and happy to see their stall! I thought they were based in America but I'm probably wrong. It was great to see loads of people were crowded round learning about what they do!

      Delete
  3. ah, so cool! my friend who used to live in another state told me there was a vegan festival there, but none close to where i live! this is seriously so fun, awesome you went!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised there was a Northern one! Next year I'm gonna have to go to the big one in Bristol too :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! It looks liek so much fun. Those cupcakes look yummers. I think they have a festival like that here too. I better look into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I bet they have awesome Vegan fests in Aus! You def need to go to one! I ate my own weight in food haha

      Delete
  5. I love Goody Good Stuff! The fizzy sweets are SO good. I found one store over that sells them and they're $5 a bag. Totally worth it thought. When I come back home to visit I might have to buy a ton in a bulk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! That's ridiculously expensive! They're usually around £1-£1.50 here so it might be worth you ordering from an english website.
      They're THE best vegan sweets! Most vegan sweets have a weird after taste or texture but I love these

      Delete
  6. it sounds so perfect !

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome! I want to go to a vegan festival!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun! i'll have to keep a lookout for a similar event near me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want some more of those delicious cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! How exciting, I wish there was a festival like this where I live!

    Xo,
    Eeka
    Live.Love.Random.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog now, and I'm completely in love.
    Without a doubt I'm your follower.
    Sorry my bad English...I´m Portuguese =)

    With Love
    Miss Lil'Susie <3

    callmemisslilsusie.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I bet that was amazing, instead of being at a restaurant and not having a lot of options, a whole group of vendors with vegan food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that sounds like an amazing time! I really wish people around here were open enough to do something like this :[ But I love being able to "live it out" through your photos!

    ReplyDelete