photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Monday 29 July 2013

Picnic in the Park - Our Vegan summer picnic!

On Saturday my local park, Avenham Park, hosted a big Picnic in the Park event. Preston Vegan Society thought this would be a great opportunity to get to know each other and share lots of yummy vegan food.

I don't know many local vegans, and had never met most of this group before, so it was really good to meet lots of like minded people and have a day of chatting and eating delicious food in the sunshine by the river.

Everyone bought their own food to share out. I made my chocolate chip cookies and a mint, split peas and quinoa salad (recipe to come if I actually remember what the eff I put in it!). There were so many amazing foods on offer; chocolate strawberry cheesecake, lemon poppy seed muffins, chai cheesecake, bakewell tart and vegusto sandwiches to name a few! We all agreed it was very surreal to be able to eat whatever we wanted without asking the ingredients.

I had such a fantastic day meeting new people, trading recipes and scoffing. And I hope we have many more events in the future!


6 comments:

  1. It seems like you guys had lots fun <3 !
    Everything looks so delicious, yumyumyum
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a vegetarian so here's an almost high five :)
    The food looks yummy!
    - Becky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! It's great meeting other vegans and not having to "explain" your diet to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a lovely picnic :)I could really go for some of that chocolate strawberry cake! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete