photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Thursday 23 January 2014

CAT Competition entry

Earlier this year CAT footwear launched a footwear competition to redesign their Colorado boot. Being a bit of a boot enthusiast I got a little excited at the thought of designing for such an awesome brand. I love that CAT are now branching out from their famous work boots and collaborating with young designers and I feel so lucky that I had the opportunity to meet the designers and the creative minds behind CAT when they visited my uni.

There's just something about a chunky, work style boot that screams camo at me. So my main influence for these designs was camo with a twist. Don't worry though guys, I threw some kawaii pizzas and hot dogs in for good measure. I've seen a few fashion bloggers styling the Colorado boot perfectly with crazy, colourful fashion choices, so it seemed natural to pull some of that energy into the boot design too.

The design I actually submitted to the competition was the third one, as I think it's a good middle ground between my usual garish, busy, colourful style and CAT's more reserved designs.

I'm still awaiting the competition results and have all my fingers and toes crossed. I'd love to work with CAT some day in the not so distant future.


3 comments:

  1. the pastel camo is so adorable!!! and of course i love the one with the hotdogs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That junk food camo one is tooo rad to handle.

    ReplyDelete